Student Visa



This visa allows you to study a registered full-time course in Australia.

You can apply to undertake two or more courses on your student visa where there is clear progression from one course to another. You may extend your student visa for further study.

Student visa allows you to work 40 hours per fortnight which is great for having dynamic experience in Australia



You must have:

  • been accepted to study in a registered full-time course at an educational institution in Australia
  • organised appropriate welfare arrangements for the duration of your intended stay in Australia if you are under 18 years of age.
  • provided the genuine temporary entrant (GTE) requirement to ensure that the student visa program is used as intended and not as a way for international students to maintain ongoing residency in Australia.
  • had adequate Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) which provides medical and hospital insurance while in Australia.


*Other documents such as English language test score, financial capacity might need to be submitted for your visa application.


Dependent Visa (Student Subsequent Entrant Visa)


People can include a family member in their application for a visa. A member of your family unit can be your partner or dependent child.

Family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight at all times unless the primary visa holder has commenced a course towards a master or doctoral degree and holds a student visa. In this case, there is no limit on the number of hours a family member might work. Dependent child is able to study in public schools in Australia with lesser tuition fee than the standard one.



You must prove:

the relationship is genuine and continuing

  • For a married partner, the marriage must be legal under Australian law. For a de facto partner, the relationship needs to have existed for six or 12 months before you lodge the application.
  • For a dependent child, a certified copy of each child’s birth certificate should be provided. They should be younger than 18 years of age.



Temporary Graduate Visa

This visa allows you to live, study and work in Australia temporarily after you have finished your studies. This visa has two streams:


1.Graduate work stream – for international students who graduate with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List (SOL). A visa in this stream is granted for 18 months from the date of grant.


3-2.Post study work Visa - for international students who graduate with a higher education degree from an Australian education provider, regardless of their field of study. This visa is only available to students who applied for, and were granted, their first visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011. A visa can be granted for up to four years from the date the visa is granted, depending on the visa applicant’s qualification.


Temporary Graduate Visa Requirement

To apply this visa, you must

  • be younger than 50 years of age
  • hold an eligible visa
  • have included evidence that you have met the English Requirement
  • meet the Australian study requirement in the last six months
  • meet health and character requirements
  • have health insurance in Australia
  • meet the specific requirements of the stream in which you are applying for this visa.


Student Guardian Visa


This visa lets you

  • stay in Australia as the guardian of an international student younger than 18 years of age studying in Australia on a student visa.
  • study an English language intensive course for overseas students (ELICOS) for less than 20 hours per week.
  • study another course for up to three months.


The visa does not generally allow you to work.



To be eligible for this visa you must:

  • be a parent or person who has custody of the student, or relative who is 21 years or older has been nominated in writing by a parent or someone who has custody of the student.
  • be able to provide accommodation, general welfare and other support to the student unless you are applying for this visa with the support of the government your home country.
  • have enough money to support yourself, any dependents accompanying you and the student.
  • have adequate health insurance for you and any dependents coming with you

Visitor Visas



This visa lets you visit Australia:

  • to visit or for business visitor purposes
  • for up to three, six or 12 months
  • for maximum 3 months’ study, which is great for shorter periods of study



You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

  • as a tourist
  • for business visitor activities
  • to see family


Electronic Travel Authority visa (Subclass 601)

In most cases, this visa allows you to visit Australia on multiple occasions within 12 months from the date of the grant of the visa.

The life of the visa holder’s passport is for (whichever is shorter) three months at a time.

You must be outside Australia when the Electronic Travel Authority visa is granted.

Working Holiday Visa



This visa is for young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year.

This visa allows you

  • to study maximum 4 month
  • to do any kind of work over 12 month stay in Australia, however the conditions of your visa limit you to a maximum period of six-month work with any one employer, unless you’ve been given permission by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection to work longer.
  • to travel



You might be able to get this visa if you:

  • are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
  • hold a valid passport from a country involved in the Working Holiday Program with Australia
  • will not be accompanied by dependent children at any time during your stay
  • are a genuine visitor who wants to have a holiday in Australia.


You might be able to apply Second Working Holiday visa.

To apply Second Working Holiday visa, you must:

  • have complied with all the conditions on your first Working Holiday Visa
  • have completed three month of specified work in regional Australia while on your first Working Holiday visa
  • have not yet turned 31 years of age.